Thursday, May 10, 2007

Monash gathering + new peers + busyness the next

Felt as if I've not stepped into my office for weeks. I was away for conference duty for the last 3 days. Well minus the fantastic last weekend, it looks like I've been superbly busy.

The Monash gathering was ok, got to admit that my friends and I did not really put our time in that gathering. Both friends from Ipoh & JB respectively, travelled hours to get to Melaka & by nite, we were tired & needed to show our best public relation skill to our fellow alumnus from Malaysia & Singapore. Dinner was fine, I did not eat much coz too busy "networking" with new peers while trying to chump some scrumpcious seafood & nasi lemak in my mouth. At the end of it, I was expected to show them around town as I am a Malaccan. How embarassing when I think how much I know about my own hometown. Besides Jonker Street, Red Towers & Portuguese Settlement, where else would I recommend? The malls nearby or our very "beautiful" seaview? I reckon they would rather hang out at their own beach & great shops in Singapore. Lolx. However, from the pictures which I've just browsed through a minute ago, my new peers enjoyed their stay. They looked so cheery & brightly dressed, smiling in every single photo taken. Must be silly Wilson (the photographer) for creating an atmostphere which made us all feel like old buddies.

I personally would like to thank Cheryl (the Monash Malaysia organiser) for inviting us three into this whole outing (for free summore). Not forgetting those people I met during the gathering, they were all awesome peers and from their name cards, I am proud to say Monash has let us become someone useful in society! I am waiting for my turn to be a CEO of some well known company *dreaming away*

4 comments:

theone said...

haha, guess you were pretty busy this week, first three days of confernce, then also the weekend b4, monash gathering, meetin up your old friends, I know it all went pretty well, happy for you dear!

mine, not bad, as you know i went down to Car show on saturday...see update on my blog...haha beside that just study, work and assignment...that uni life!!

well, dear we're not far from our dream, i can see we both be CEO of some famous company, we are married, we have kids, then so on!! Live happily ever after!! haha...isnt life is like a fairly tales...

alright, let work hard, play hard!!

think of you always

m.e.r.i.l.y.n said...

monash gathering? those are the ppl you knew from uni or not? got such meeting one ar?

increadible.liz said...

Merilyn: I don't know them at all. They are from Singapore Alumni, much more older and wiser than any of us. LOL. So yeah, sorry I didn't forward you the email about this event. It was a bit too late. Maybe we can go the next one! Btw, are you in the alumni?

m.e.r.i.l.y.n said...

alumni ar? yeah i am, i guess? next time we go together alright?