Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Once in a lifetime"

My friends have surprisingly invited me to celebrate their engagement and wedding respectively. Yes, I've got two separate invitations this 2nd half year itself and it will happen in the next few months. I am unsure of this but coincidently every friends of mine are either engaged or getting married this year and it caught me thinking, what are they rushing for? They are my age and some even younger than me already getting themselves committed to one thing in their life - building a new family.

Nothing to shout out loud, but I personally think they may be missing some good things singles do. Girls can be jealous however, some of us have much more to accomplish before we settle down with the one particular person. Do you think you're able to do whatever you want when you're married? The answer is NO. Not unless if you both are very cool married couple who believe that you can do fun things together while building a family at the same time.

My colleagues who are married said we singles must try all adventurous activities when we are still young and not committed to a family. We felt relieved knowing that we are not tied down to anything or anyone except ourselves and we are able to do whatever we want that makes us fully anticipated and happy.

So here is my thought - Will you settle down early just because it is a trend or you know you are fully ready to build a new life and committed to your partner? I am definitely not ready.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

people is living with believe... life just simple and happy :) when you have the same thinking that will be your time :p hahaha...

missironic said...

I'm sure u noe what I think of this marriage thing, right? So I don't need to voice my opinion on this.. Hahahaha..

increadible.liz said...

Totally understand, Nia... :)

zewt said...

i think we can do whatever we want after marriage... just that most of the time, we have to do it together...

Lynn said...

i loved to be a young mommy but i'm not prepared for it too! so enjoying my life right now to be tied down atm ;)