"It's always about tomorrow, so you're chasing 'more,' 'next' and 'there,'" he says. "You promise yourself that when you get there, you'll be happy. And I promise you, you won't, because you'll always set another destination to go for."
Instead, Dr. Holden says if you are unhappy with your life or looking to improve your score, there are two things you can do. "We have to learn to let go of our past, we have to give up all hopes for a perfect past. Let the past go, it's gone." After that, he says, "Take a vow of kindness. Be kinder to yourself and to others.
::Quiz developed by Ed Diener at the University of Illinois::
Website: http://www2.oprah.com
....................................................................
My result isn't really satisfying, I think I must do something about it. Maybe I'm still in the early stage of life, my "happy" life will pick up soon!
1 comments:
I think in life, people are sometimes never fully happy. When we obtained something, then we find that we want something else. That's part of life and sometimes we just need the "little" things to cheer us up before we get what we really deem as happy. :) So hang on there..
Post a Comment