Thursday, March 22, 2007

What puts up your confidence?

Does appearance matters? What actually makes a person able to walk confidently on the street without needing to worry of what others have to comment?

Little that we know, appearance does take a serious part in some society... as we Malaysian noted, our society believes that first impression counts. And I mean, appearance. Then it comes down to how you bring yourself. I believe so, people tend to look for "good looking" people and placed them in a higher priority. In many fields especially in the workforce, it is important how you look when you attend interviews, when you get hired & work for a long term, and of course the latter, how you present yourself to your potential clients.

Since work, I feel that the way we dress differs from the time we were in uni. How so? During uni, we have to be formal during presentations, however it is not a daily basis as we do now for work. Sometimes, you feel that your dressing portrays a professional look which carries a new identity of you. Impressive, ey? Hell yea! You will feel so much confident when you go work and meet clients with professional suits. Additional to your looks, the way you liaise with your clients is a double bonus. I think I am prepared to look like one-hell "work nerd" from now on.

Say, I need to do more shoppings. It's about time to replace my closet. It's time for NEW ME!

I wanna be GLAMOUROUS! *hums to the beat*

4 comments:

theone said...

Yeah, work is totally different from Uni, when you in uni, maybe sometime you wear professional for presention, but when u working, some work require you to wear professional.

Guess you need to shop more cloth again, haha too bad i m not there, otherwise can go shop with you :P

anyway nothing to do today again, so bored...

Joewiz said...

I strongly agree to what u've posted. Looks and size really matters!!! especially in asian country, and it's normal for ppl to judge each other. But i still think that if one's have 100% outlook appearance but nothing deep within is useless. If ur first impression failed but you can still impress them with ur talents and abilities you possess and they goes "WOW!You got something with u", vice versa, ppl will get disappointed if they know you only just have "the look" and nothing else.So, there is this saying 'Only quality counts not quantity'. I prefer to have both.

Fifi-Jinx said...

yeah!! Asian country all sux!! Physical looks are soo important here and especially guys.. if u have the looks, guys will look at u. if dun, and they still look at u, either u are really revealing or there's sth on u. ewww!! hate them! guys sux!!!!!!

anthraxxxx said...

Let's start promoting "Let's go Nekkid" campaign and free this world from the sinister grasp of capitalism.