Okay... this is funny. I was called back for 2nd stage of the job application for marketing/advertising/promotions in Hawthorn. It was a bad day to begin with as weather was so unpredicted. It was rainy, sunny, hailing and "hurricane-like" the whole day. Don't you think this has already ruin your day, not forgetting you've dressed up your best for interviews. I had two interviews yesterday. Well, I still went for both despite the weather changes. Went to St Kilda Road for the first one and surprised that the building was right behind my aunt's apartment! Wohooo... if I've gotten the job, I might as well live with her. LOL! I didn't get any calls from them so I guess I didn't get through. Nevermind that. I was more excited in the afternoon interview session. I reached exactly 1230pm for the 2nd job interview and to know that I was quite late for it. Every candidates that was called back for this Observation session had their folio and ready to "kick some arse". I walked it, looking pretty drenched and quickly look for Sherry, the HR officer for instructions. Then I was rushed into a meeting room and gathered with the rest to meet with one of the manager in the company. After a crazy brief intro, we were designated to one leader whom will be assisting us throughout the day and EVALUATING us as well. Oh damn. That's pretty scary ey? Ok...
One short story from what I exprienced the whole day.
We had to do DOOR-TO-DOOR sales. OMG! Yes... it was crazy, I tell you. The product that we need to sell is genuine. It was Optus that we need to sell. However, I didn't expect to go to residential area to find the customers!!! OMG! Hell lots of walking PLUS the f***ing weather being so unkind to us. Poor me. Poor all the girls. Wearing heels and nicely dressed up. Even so, the company has misled me, for sure. They could have told us to dress comfortably as we need to do lots of walking. Am I right or not? Crazy right? Is this how they make use of new people? Tsk tsk, shame on them. Conclusion, I wasted 8 hours of my time. I got home at 10pm. Insane. If I was given the job, I will not take up as I don't see myself doing it. Not being picky, just choosing what's right and best for me.
I'm still looking for alternatives. I've just signed up at Jobstreet.com.my. Thought I might stand better chance back at home. I hope employers will read my resume and find me. At the meantime, I am also applying jobs in that site. Pretty good site for those who wish to work in Asia. All the best to my friends who are seaching for jobs now.
Hello world, are you still around?
6 years ago
7 comments:
haha, guess a good experience for you on how is door to door sales is like, guess you wont be taking up this kind of job, i also know you wont take this kind of job...haha...is just not you, you should do other's job...
anyway dear just try your best in every interview, who know you may get a job stright away, and you wont need to go back home, but maybe goin back home you would have a better chance of getting a good job...anyway if you decided to go back, of cos I will support you...
remember I am always with you no matter what happen...I love you!!
hmm.. who's is this theone .. love u pulak.. hehe .. doesn't matter. anyway.. keep trying to get a job and do what you love most. Money is not everything .. happiness it is.. =) just like me and my coffee hahaha .. take care ok lili .. love u and miss u so much .. please come back .. =) WE NEED TO HANG OUT TOGETHER..
LOL... he is myOne..
Thank you for the encouragement, kev. I'm trying hard to find the most suitable job now... regardless how the pay is like. So.. its Lili & Mass Media. Heeheehee..
Love ya & miss ya too! Will come home when I can~~~`
pleaseee come back....
Yes fifi, I will come home ok... :)
theone = Lei Lin Kit ah??? :P
Siapa Lei Kin Kit ah? Vince.. who's that? Got England name or not? heeheehee....
Post a Comment