I was down at Monash Clayton on Monday noon to collect my t-shirt that I'd need to wear on the next day for a career expo. So the very next day, all the interns including myself were at the Sports & Rec centre at 8.30am sharp (I don't think anyone was late exept our boss!). The expo was a Summer Vacation Employment expo which I advertised earlier last week in one of my post (if you guys carefully seen it). As soon as our dear Pam (our boss) & her "gang" arrived at the hall, we interns were given instructions and guidelines on the event which would start at 1pm and last till 4pm the most. The starting was easy as we needed to clean & touch-up the place and do little unloading of boxes to respective booths of companies attending the expo later that day. Half of us were outside (under the cold windy day) waiting for the employers to arrive so that we could give them a hand if in case they have more stuffs to bring inside. Apparently this year's weather was so much better than last year as it was snowing & rainy last year when this event was held. I can't imagine how bad that situation was! Slowly more employers arrived at the hall and the other half of us helped them set up their company's banner & also arranged leaftlet nicely on the table. Every companies has very good advertisements and not forgetting good looking representatives! If only I'm a potential accountant or bussinesswoman, then I might stand a chance... but now, what am I? Media fellow! Can't do much eh? Sharp 1pm, many students fleed in like no one's business. Monash was giving out FREE things & everyone was so excited & can't let go that chance! Yeaaa right, FREE gift from MONASH? Too good to be true. Anyway, if there are many students who are interested in getting jobs during summer, then I guess the companies don't even have to look for these people... coz we come to them! All they got to do is pick the "best" intern. At about 3.30pm, the hall became slightly calm & some companies even packed up. Thank GOD coz it meant that we interns get to head home early! ;p
What I've achieved from this?- Liaison with top management of Career and Employment department
- Getting to know other interns better
- Talked to various employers regarding work offers (prospective boss, eh?)
- Surveying (the art/tactic of doing surveys)
- Setting up booths & advertisement banners
- Collecting information (summer work offers) from all employers (damn,have to do filing next week!)
- Lastly.... I get to see so manyyyy cutiessss! Wooooooo! ;p
Thank you Monash!
0 comments:
Post a Comment