Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Unhappy

Yesterday caught into a small argument with one of my close girlfriend whom is, also my housemate. It was a little misunderstanding when we were talking about a trip down to city next week when uni hols starts. I feel a bit down when she said things which was untrue about me or the other girlfriend. It was obvious that I thought of her when comes to organizing events. This time wasn't a good timing for some of us; so I made some other plans with others. I don't want our friendship keep on growing sour when comes to little conflict like this. I don't mean to simply make plans without thinking. When I make plans I know what I am doing. I hope that she understands and not be angry with me for doing as such. I do care about our friendship and want us to hang out as much as we can. Even I have a someone special in my life now, that doesn't mean I'm so hooked up with my private life and ignore my own group of friends. Misunderstanding often happen, however, from this we learn to understand each other more and better ourselves (not change ourselves,though). That is how good friends last in a strong friendship. Indeed there will be conflicts once in a while, but it is not to let the friendship turn bad, rather let us review what can be done after the conflict happens.

Another thing is, I am not happy with the university. Too many political issues, sometimes I don't understand. One day they say you're fantastic and want you to help, the next day (or rather never) they don't recognise you and ignore your good hard work previously. I applied to work in a retail shop in uni & went for training. I thought I would get a position. No one get back to me and I feel a bit disappointed. The worst is they offered the position to someone else whom I'm not in good terms with now. *sad* Later today, I met the Careers counsellor and thought she needed help with filing and all in her office coz she knows I'm an intern for Careers in Clayton campus. In fact, I was excited when she told me that she would need my help to do some work in her office. Unfortunately now she told me she doesn't need me to do anything at the moment, saying it all depends on some other party in the uni (I totally understand), but I felt a bit sad (dunno!). I was also told that the careers workshop was not successful (the first class) coz no one attended. First of all, there was no announcement for it. Secondly, no one emailed those students that signed up last week about this event! Yes, she was quite "pissed off" coz it wasn't arranged properly and perhaps she was disappointed too.


I'll email Wendy to apologise :)

2 comments:

theone said...

Shea li,

I know you were a bit down yesterday...I am sorry i was a bit piss when u say that thing to me!! sorry, didnt mean it...u say i sound like i want to eat you up or something!!

anyway I hope everything is going good for you!! specially with job in uni, i know Gee is helping you a lot...so yeah people dont hire you is their lost, you're are great worker, of cos a great gf!!

btw let go wild 2moro!! hahaha...2moro is the night to forget everything and have as much as you want!! Love ya!!

Juz MeL said...

Chaboh, I don't think I would wanna talk about this "matter" again since it's over and done with.. But I think you know, if Len and Joewiz were here, they definitely would not go without us. (get my point?) No hard feelings though.. and never mind, since I wanna go tulip farm as well.. Just thought of wanting to spend more time with u 2(u & lily) before semester ends, thats all..

As for the job thingy? Like james said, it's their lost and you shld know by now the way uni do things. Just don't place too much hope on them.. Well, treat it as a good time to concentrate on exams and apply for other graduate jobs as well..