I have been in the city for almost the whole week and just returned to my home sweet home! Miss my housemates, miss my friends, miss the fresh air, miss the coWs, miss everything that makes me so comfortable right here. Back here, it feels good. Maybe I'm away from hectic environment; the rush, the people in city- just make your life like a merry-go-round.
For 3 consecutive days I've been to Caufield for the International Careers Expo. I was working on Tuesday, helped setting up booths and meeting employers from overseas companies before the event started at 12pm. Most companies looks for students who studies business and finance. Even the company I was particularly interested- Bloomberg, is a finance media coperation. Anyway, I took my chance to send in my resume and waited for the shortlist. It was a full-day work that day, so there was not much time to chat with all the employers. At the very end of the session after handing out flyers and spoken to most students, the crowd lessen and I went up to Bloomberg and also OCBC to ask about job vacancies at the end of the year- since I'm going to graduate in Dec. They encouraged me and the rest to browse online as it helps select the job we wanted.
Early morning the next day, I got a call from Bloomberg representative that I'm in their shortlist for interview on Thursday. I was excited but also nervous. It was my first job interview! I don't know how to present myself in the room, it was a mix of feelings the whole day. I was at Caufield again to attend the Information session for Bloomberg. Presentation was good though I felt that I've gotten into a "wrong field" by handing in my resume. They were looking for sales people at that moment. I was called for the interview, considered I was lucky then!
Unlucky that afternoon itself when I was back in the city area just right Bourke st & Swanston st, my wallet got stolen! Bloody hell... What am I to say, stupid? unlucky? unaware? My bag was right beside me! I can't believe there was such a person who can steal someone else's wallet so sneekily?! Arghhhhhhhhh... all my precious things I have inside there. I don't have much money except some coins worth $10 and callcard of $10. Pictures of special ones were gone! *sigh* Besides that I needed to cancel my bank card, redo my Malaysian IC and driving licence, reapply for Monash ID, international student card, health card, student union membership card and other pharmacy cards. *so mah fan* I know this is an excuse, I was busy reading Bloomberg market mag to study the company for the interview the next day. Well....
Got up early for the interview scheduled at 9am. Was called in exactly at 9am and interviewed by a Japanese representation for Bloomberg. Self introduction was alright till it came to the questions on why I chose Bloomberg to work and how can I contribute in this company if I ever get the position. I don't have any finance background and also not interested in finance! GOD! I was in deep shiit for sure. All I could do the whole time was giving my most sincere answers and left the room after 20mins in tense situation. Nevertheless I was glad it was over :) Good experience though *heehee*
Looks like this entry is going to be long if I don't end it here. Will keep you guys posted with my daily events! Take care.. don't worry about me, I'm dandy fine :)
Hello world, are you still around?
6 years ago
1 comments:
lili.z I know a lot things happen this week...there were good things and bad things...A fews good things which is u had an interview with a famous company, althought it isnt the job you are looking for, but at least worth of trying...well, who know, no one know what will happen in the future...so u might, or might not get the jobs...
anyway i know that afternoon u lost something so important...something that you cant buy anymore...but sometime these is something that you cannot buy or get anymore, but these thing will be forever in your heart...
Well, just want to say again I will support you no matter what...Love you!!
Post a Comment