Friday, January 26, 2007

Job interviews progress

Since I came back for almost 2 weeks, I have started job hunting and this week has been a busy week for me. I started helping my mum again in the hotel by doing office work. Usually I will be at the cafe in the mornings as waitress and front-office when the cafe closes by early noon. *lol* Someday I will know how the whole hotel runs by working in each departments!

I attended my very first job interview in KL on Tuesday in Asia Business Forum for Conference Administrator position. I find it a very interesting position as I have the intention to be in the events field since the beginning. Although this company focuses more to serious events such as business conferences rather than Mr and Miss Artist-of-the-Year as an advertisement rep for a product, I feel that I can merge my future career which is to be a higher level of events management if I get this opportunity. So it was wise to apply and attend the interview.

My second interview was this afternoon in Blu Inc for Her World women magazine as a Branding and Promotions position. At first, I was so gangHo-fied that this company is actually offering positions now as previously I missed my chance on applying those writing positions because I was in Melbourne when the job ad was released. When I got to know it, the due date for those positions has expired. *sob sob* Today's interview was also my first one-hour interview session as she wanted more in detail explanations from my university experience. Lastly, I was asked to take a short test which was to layout a promotion page for a client (a specific client) and was given 10 mins to figure it out and do it on a piece of A4 sheet. OMG! Ok, I was panic of course but tried to cool down and digest the information she gave me about what this job is all about. This has helped me to plan out the promotion layout without worrying so much. The manager left the room to give me some "thinking space". *so kind* Yea, it was one hell of a exprience there! :) I hope to get some credits after spending so long in that meeting room *Prays hard*

In and all, I hope for more job interview calls or at least some good news from these companies that I've attended. Till then... wish me many many luck!

11 comments:

theone said...

Dear shea li,

seems u have quite a number of interview done, hopefully one of them will phone and tell you "you got the job" and you will be so happy, as each one of these is a job that you wish to be in after uni...right?

hahaha...guess you did well in the one hr interview session, seems u might a chance to, except you have made some minor mistake, which show a little bit of lack of confidence, but it should be ok...I will support you no matter what!!...

hahaha, keep it comin dear, find more job, and interview more...dont get any chance lack away from you!!

Add Oil...!!

love you & miss U!!

increadible.liz said...

I am oily already... hahahahhahahaha...

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Love ya too~

missironic said...

ya..some interviews are short..sum really long..they want to test ur skills, lili san..gambateh oh!! both of us!! hope lili get more interviews to come..mine too..but actually kinda tired of interviews dy..haahhahaa..hope we get wat we want ya?? all the best!! muakss!!

theone said...

hahahahhaa...oily, oily...ummm what u put make u so oily?? hahahaahhaa...

ok...la got class later, my last class...catch up later dear...

love you...

anthraxxxx said...

Bila Mr Lau mau visit Malaysia ah? :P

increadible.liz said...

Sonia: Yes we'll get what we want as long as we work hard for it lah. Gambateh woman!

James: Crazy!

Vincent: He won't come lah.... maybe snow time in Msia only he will come and rescue me! LOL!!!

theone said...

Hahaha, dear...u are answering everyone comment... :P

Good job...Good on u...haahahahaha...yes I am crazy and u too...that what make us a crazy couple!!

increadible.liz said...

I am terribly too free, now. That's why I can reply everyone's message.

theone said...

haha...icic...no wonder the number of comment is building up on the last few entry!!

ummmm, guess u had a great shopping trip today!! hahaha i know there must be something for me :P Happy Happy cant wait to see what it is!!

ok, love ya lots dear!!

missironic said...

go shopping neva bring me...sob sob...nvm, remember our movie date oh?? ehehehehee...i still need to do some cny shopping..no clothes man! sad!!!

increadible.liz said...

Hantar adek lah babe... of course go jalan sedikit lah.. wahlao.. the ppl like semut je in malls... terrible!!!

ah, faster go shop for clothes lah... ppl all take the best ones ady!